Case Session & Competition
The Osteology Case Session and Competition is a novel format. It will be held for the first time at Osteology Barcelona 2019. The best oral regenerative cases in six competition categories will be selected for an oral presentation in the Osteology Case Session. The best case presentation will be awarded a prize.
Clinical cases can be submitted online on THE BOX, which is the Foundation's Community Platform. Only cases from the field of oral tissue regeneration and that were uploaded to the Case Box can be submitted for the Osteology Case Competitions.
Submission period: 14 September 2018 to 31 January 2019
Winners will be notified by 28 February 2019
Cases can be submitted in six competition categories
- Ridge Preservation
- Soft Tissue Augmentation / Regeneration around Teeth
- Soft Tissue Augmentation / Regeneration around Implants
- Vertical & Horizontal Bone Augmentation
- Periodontal Regeneration
- Sinus Augmentation
A jury will evaluate the cases and select a winning case in each of the six categories. A vote by the users of THE BOX will account for 15% of the decision.
The winner in each category will be invited to present his case on stage at Osteology Barcelona 2019 in the Osteology Case session on Friday, 26 April 2019, and receive a free registration to the congress including a special certificate.
The jury for the evaluation of the cases consists of the chairmen of the Case Competition, Franck Renouard and João Batista César Neto, as well as six other members of the Osteology Board and Expert Council:
Winner of the Osteology Case Competition Barcelona 2019
Among the six presentations in the Osteology Case Session, the jury will select a winner.
The winner will receive an award for the best case presentation and a prize of EUR 1500.
Criteria for the evaluation
- Creativity and originality of the treatment
- Evidence-based approach
- Good outcome
- Good quality of pictures
- Biological principles behind the technique
- Complete documentation (incl. patient information and parameters)
- Follow-up of at least 6 months post-surgical, and at least 2 additional timepoints documented
How to participate?
- Log in or, if you are new, register for THE BOX at www.box.osteology.org
- Join the Osteology Case Competition Group
- Go to group. In the tab “Cases” you will find the Case Competition.
- To submit a clinical case, you have to upload it to the Case Box first.
- To join the competition, click on “Submit a Case” and follow the instructions on the Case Competition page.
- Bookmark the group page by clicking on the little icon on the top right of the page.
- Add your friends in the Members section. Spread the word, add your colleagues, and ask them to vote for the best case (like). Their opinion counts for 15% of the decision in the end.